I have a serious obsession with food art. And not necessarily creating is, although I enjoy that, too. Mostly just admiring it. I can get lost in the scroll hole for everrrr drooling over food pics. No shame in my game. Could be worse right?!
One of my favorite foods photog categories to creep…..smoothie bowls. They’re majestic. All of the toppings and swirlies and colors and textures. Just yes. Crunchy ppl thangs.
So here’s what it is tho. Admiring a smoothie bowl pic is relatively straightforward. Making a smoothie bowl is tricky. The consistency has to be on point. Which I only learned after making several that were too thin and having all of my toppings sink to them bottom which was very underwhelming.
But you know what they say – if at first you don’t succeed, dust ya-self off and try again, you can dust it off and try again, try again. Tell ’em Aaliyah. So in my desire to be a part of the beautiful smoothie bowl makers clan, I finally did something crazy. Totally insane. I followed a recipe. I know, radical. But I did it. And it worked. So here I am, blogging about it so you can make a proper one and not have to endure the same journey down the broken smoothie road as I.
Copied from the Taste the Shred e-book:
- 1 banana
- 1 1/2 cup frozen fruit, berries, or veggies
- 1 handful spinach
- 1 T liquid (milk, water, coconut water, etc.
- 1 Scoop Complete Plant Protein powder
- To a blender add, liquid, spinach, frozen stuff, banana, and Complete. Blend
until smooth. It will be a really thick consistency, this is what you want.
- Pour into a bowl and top with your favorite toppings (shredded coconut, sliced bananas, chopped apples, chocolate chips, fresh berries, nuts, seeds, granola, etc.) Be creative!
And that’s it! Happy smoothie bowl crafting!