So I forgot to put the first layer of chocolate down. I suffer from night time dementia induced by my kids.
Caramel. Who doesn’t like caramel? True question…I want to know…how in the world could you NOT like caramel? It’s sugar + heat. The stuff addiction is made of.
Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips are my version of crack. I used to keep a bag in my car when I was pregnant with Vivi girl. True story.
Pink Himalayan salt is a much better option than that big, navy Morton stuff your Granny has stockpiled in her pantry. You know the stuff.
Ah…..yes. All things that are good and holy in one picture.
And how cute is this vintage Monogrammed fork? Perfect gift idea! Similar set linked below recipe.
- 1 bag Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup gluten-free pretzels, broken into small pieces
- 12 Kraft Classic Caramels
- 2 T vanilla almond milk (I used Califia Farms)
- 1/4 t pink Himalayan sea salt
- Place chocolate chips in a Ziploc bag, remove all air, and seal. Place the bag in a large bowl full of hot water to melt chocolate chips.
- Unwrap caramels and combine with almond milk in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, remove and stir mixture until caramels are melted. Microwave for an additional 30 seconds if necessary.
- Set a large piece of parchment paper on a cool, flat surface.
- Pour half of the melted chocolate chips in a circle over the parchment paper.
- Scatter the broken pretzel pieces over the chocolate.
- Pour the caramel mixture over the pretzels.
- Drizzle the remainder of the melted chocolate chips on top of the caramel.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Let bark set on parchment paper in a cool, dry place.
- If you are an out of control chocaholic like myself, place in the fridge to expedite the setting process resulting in quicker insertion of choc. bark into mouth.
- Once the bark has completely hardened, break into pieces and deliver to your friends and fam, who are basically the luckiest people on Earth to have someone so thoughtful and generous as you.
- And now, to reward yourself….go buy this perfectly nude polish that is a winter esssential.
OPI Tickle Me France-y Nail Polish click here
Beaded Monogrammed Flatware Set click here