gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, shred-friendly
If fall was a waffle. It would be this pumpkin spice waffle. Because it would still fit into skinny jeans. Because it’s healthyish.
One bowl. I don’t care how many culinary rules this breaks. One. Bowl. 4life.
Look at that little face. The most precious. He has more experience than lots of adults in the kitchen! He’s my most consistent helper. He can fry his own egg whites now. (He doesn’t like yolks) He carefully gets the eggs out of the fridge with his blue stool. Chooses the skillet he wants to use. Cracks the eggs and separates them in the pan. And patiently waits to flip them. With my supervision and assistance in turning the burner off and on of course. He’s going to make a great husband and Dad someday!
I suck at laundry. I don’t even own an iron. But I can work miracles on a waffle iron. You win some, you lose some.
And what would a pumpkin spice waffle be without french vanilla maple syrup? A pumpkin spice waffle without french vanilla maple syrup.
FVJP Complete + Pure Maple Syrup
Stir well with a spoon. And you get this beautiful vanilla maple syrup.
Fall on a plate.
Yields: 6 large waffles
Prep & Cook Times: if it took 6 hours it would be worth it
Pairs well with: an entire pot of coffee.
- 1/2 C coconut oil
- 1/4 C honey
- 1/4 C unsweetened applesauce
- 15 oz. pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 t pumpkin spice
- 1 t pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 C gluten-free flour (can use oat flour – waffles will be very dense)
- 1 full scoop French Vanilla Juice Plus Complete
- 1 T baking powder
- 1/2 t sea salt
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 scoop French Vanilla Juice Plus Complete
- Heat waffle iron
- Mix all waffle ingredients together in one bowl with a whisk or hand mixer.
- Pour 1/2 to 3/4 cup waffle batter into iron and cook for 2 minutes or until golden brown
- Make syrup: combine maple syrup and FVJPC in a small bowl
- Stir until smooth
- Serve waffles hot, topped with syrup
- Batter will keep in fridge for a couple of days